Monday, November 15, 2010

Back...for now...

So sorry for the absence. It's weird. I get so caught up in life sometimes that I forget to release.

I guess the other reason why I have not been writing is because everything has been going so well for me. Work is so much less stressful than last year. It's nice to be able to pull a worksheet out of my filing cabinet and to reuse lesson plans. I have been having fun tweaking activities to better suit my kids. I wish that some of them would be a little bit kinder this year, but overall, I am still having fun and loving what I do.

Speaking of loving...I am SO in love with a very special guy. Most of you have heard the stories of my forays into the world of online dating. If nothing else, they've made for some great stories about all the insane people out there. But...I decided not to give up...and after two years of on-off/weak to moderate success, I think I can be marked with a check in the WIN column.

The past two and a half months have been a whirlwind. We started talking wayyyy back in May. We had a high match percentage, which essentially meant nothing to me at the time. I had learned my lesson with previous "matches". We exchanged a few pleasantries via email, and I would talk to him on AIM whenever I remembered to log on. I didn't think much of our conversations at first. I could tell he was an honest, good guy, but again, the skepticism creeped in.

Finally, we met up at the beginning of September for dinner. And that's when it started. Those immediate connections that I scoffed at? So true with the right person. He quickly became a huge part of my life, and a month later, when I told him we should "do the thang" (shut up perverts, I meant "become official"), I was surprised at just how well we fit.

Which brings me to this weekend. He surprised me with a trip to NYC for my birthday to see Memphis on Broadway and spend the night at The W in Times Square. I was already excited enough to be going, but when I opened the door to the hotel room and saw the rose petals strewn all over the place, I melted. The weekend was a total fairytale, and saying "I love you" for the first time together in such a magical city made the whole experience that much more wonderful.

And you know what? THIS is the relationship that I have been waiting for. It will be a big deal, although I am not 100% sure what that means yet. Finally someone who can return the love and affection that I regularly dish out. Someone who treats me the way everyone has been saying I deserve to be treated. I know that I tend to get excited at the start of any new relationship, but trust me when I tell you, he is different.

1 Comments:

Blogger starz said...

*like

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home